- Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream (available here: http://www.etchworld.com/ecom-prodshow/15-0150.html )
- 6″ x 6″ piece of Contact® shelving vinyl
- Glue (to adhere Halloween decoration to top)
- Hobby knife
- Glass cleaner
- Masking Tape
- Glass Jar with Lid (we used a mayonnaise jar)
- Glass Paint
- Black Gloss Paint for lid
- Running water
- Ball point pen
- Halloween decorations
- Paper Towels
- Transfer paper (or carbon paper)
- Black & white paint pens
- Remove all previous jar labels and glue. Wash jar thoroughly.
- Wrap shelving vinyl around the glass jar.
- Secure transfer paper to top of vinyl. Place design on top and trace design through transfer paper onto shelving paper. Make sure to press hard when tracing. Remove design and transfer paper.
- Using your design as a guide, cut out design with a hobby knife.
- Clean exposed areas of your design to remove remaining glue, if any.
- Apply a layer of Armour Etch generously and wait for 1-2 minutes. View the directions and How To Videos.
- Wash off all Armour Etch® cream under running tap water.
- While wet, peel off and remove all vinyl stencil pieces.
- Clean your project with glass cleaner and dry with paper towels.
- Paint the lid black and allow to dry. Decorate lid with pumpkin and bat.
- With black paint pen, paint bats on either side of the design.
- With white paint write Halloween sayings around jar.